Thursday, July 17, 2008

Since I really have nothing better to do...

Myanna's been begging for her own room for forever. I told her when she turned eight, she could have her own room. I hoped that she'd forget about that promise (like the promise I made that she could get her ears pierced when she turned eight...and notice her ears?)...but of course she didn't. When we started to organize the playroom I decided to get rid of it all together and move her bedroom into that room. She helped me pick out her comforter and we took off from there...

This furniture in her new room has been through a lot. It started out my mom's childhood bedroom set. Then when I was little, she got it from my grandparents and fixed it up for me to have. Somehow it managed to survive my sisters and I (ask my mom about the time she came in and my little sisters had colored on it with pencil...) and my mom was able to fix it up and make it look brand new for Myanna to have in her room. It's fun to know that Myanna sleeps on bed of memories every night :)

When I agreed to let Myanna have her own room, her first request was that we paint it pink. Dean suggested that I talk her into a neutral color so that we wouldn't have to repaint it before inviting guests to visit; so we compromised. I promised her that if she let me paint it a nice neutral brown, I'd find a way to make it cute for her. My mom found these wall clings at Lowe's and they were SO cute. Only problem was they came in big squares rather than individual flowers, so we spent hours cutting out each flower and leaf and putting them up as a border in her room.
The result was worth it, though...her room is so cute, and very befitting of my little girl who keeps getting older every day :(

No comments: