Friday, July 11, 2008
Dance Dance Dance and More Dance
So I really love to dance. I always loved watching dance when I was a kid, but I was too busy being a hick to have time for anything else. Don't get me wrong, I loved my horses, but I always wanted to dance too. Three years ago when I signed Myanna and Alissa up for dance I noticed they had an adult hip hop class. The studio offered a sliding scale on tuition for families so after I paid for the kids each month, it was only an additional $8 for me to take the class. The first night I went I was horrified. My friend Becky agreed to go with me, and it was just her and I and our very coordinated dance instructor, Darlene. She made us move our butts across the floor in ways that I never thought possible (unless it was just Dean and I alone...); she made us "pump" and "grind" and "crump" and "freestyle." It was awful. I looked awful. But it was also fun. So that is how I started dance...it's been three years now and I'm still shaking my thang, pumping, grinding, crumping, and freestyling like only a white girl can. Here is a link to the kepr website from when we were on t.v. this spring. And if I can ever figure out how to upload a video, I'll put our recital routine on here too. Just don't laugh...unless you've tried to shake your 33 1/2 year old "thang" across the floor, you have no idea how hard it is to make the things you want to shake, shake, and the things you don't want to shake to stop shaking when you stop moving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment