Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh what do you do when Daddy's gone...



(Sung to the tune of "What do you do in the summer time..")
Oh what do you do when Daddy's gone
At scout camp all week?
Do you have patience galore
Offer to help mommy more
Or sing as you do your chores??
Is that what you do?
Neither do we...

Oh what did we do when Daddy's gone
At scout camp all week?
We drive mommy insane
Complain how our life is lame
And get sent to bed at six...
Is that what you do?
So did we...

Okay so it's not my most shining moment but I know in a year from now when I re-read my blog I'll find this post somewhat humorous...
Dean has been gone since Mon morning and by Wed. night I seriously had had enough. I made a rash threat (note to self...not a good idea to threaten when you're mad) that if they didn't stop fighting and be more helpful that I would send them to bed without dinner.
Of course 3 min later I was forced to make good on my threat. After about 30 min I felt sooo horrible about it that I let them come down and have cereal for dinner...but then straight back to their rooms.
What could possibly make this night worse you might ask? When I told Bella she could come eat a bowl of cereal, she threw herself into a big bear hug around my neck and proclaimed "YOUR THE BEST MOMMY EVER!!"
Seriously?

7 comments:

April said...

I'm so glad we all have days like that! Great job on Myanna's room! It looks great! I bet she's in heaven! Good luck getting ready for girls camp!

moodymadness said...

Oh my heavens! I have never laughed so hard! You creative little genius, you! :)

Kristin said...

I have made so many threats in the heat of the moment too, and then you just hope you don't have to make good on them. Hang in there! You're a fantastic mom!

Pearl Girl said...

what a cute post!! I had trouble linking in to your blog, but my sister did a little work on my computer and made it all better now. So glad I can keep in touch with you now. seeing you at the mall was THE BEST. I told EVERYBODY. (I did mention that you ). looked HOT too.

RachelMoritz said...

I love it! Especially the pouty face picture! Keep the posts coming!

Kris said...

Oh the days while the hubby is gone to scout camp. Do I miss those days? Nada? Do I think you are an awesome mom? Oh Yeah. Sarah, we seriously need to get together before the end of summer. So you get to go to Girls Camp? Are you in YW's now? That's so awesome. Come over and visit my blog sometime. I've missed seeing you!

Camille said...

This is hilarious. You are so clever! It was fun to catch up on your blog. Myanna's new room is darling, I bet she loves it! It's funny, but Linsey has been begging ever since Emma was born to share her room. We just combined them a few months ago. We'll see how long they LOVE it!