Monday, December 8, 2008

IWI Work Party

Last Thursday night we had our annual IWI work party. We had a catered meal at Country Gentleman and enjoyed spending non-work time with some of the employees that make our company run. We had a white elephant gift exchange - Dean and I "won" a plunger & sanitizing hand soap (unfortunately we DO need both); Darran and Lori stole the christmas lights we picked first; Doug refused to fight for his calculator back (he swore it wasn't the one from his desk even though I flat out admitted stealing it from him); and Chris and Missy actually wanted the used nose & ear trimmer that Viktor initially opened (they had another white elephant gift exchange to go to). All in all it was a fun timeInteresting things I learned at the IWI work party this year. Dave Adams has worked for IWI for 24 years. Mary was a close second at 20 years exactly. Can you believe they have put up with our family business that long?? Boris, Viktor, and Sergey all started out as installers and Boris couldn't even speak english when he started (I had no clue, he is so easy to talk to now). All of our salesmen start with "D" except Boris...Doug, Dale, Dave & Dean. I wonder if it's a theme with Dad? All of his boys except Chris and Greg start with "D" too....Dean and I also got the chance to go the Spokane Branch work dinner. We met the two salesmen we have up there (Tom and Luis) and ate dinner with them and David and Jamie at the Melting Pot. It was so fun and we had such a good time. The kids loved playing at Dave and Jamie's house while we were out, but couldn't wait to hit the waterslide and pool at the hotel.

No comments: